I had just one day left in Los Angeles. Out of all tourist attractions that I had to miss out on, I chose to visit a café.
It was a good decision.
Verve Coffee Roasters was the kind of spot that was so hip that it was a little bit intimidating. All the baristas were dressed shabby-chic with not overly-friendly but comfortable smiles. The place was really spacious but was already semi-full around 11am.
I don’t know if you’ve ever been to a café where there was really great drinks and really cute decor, but something was just a little off, as if that one particular piece of art on the wall disturbed the balance of the entire shop. Verve was not one of those. It was busy, the decor was complex, and the drinks were eclectic with a variety of options, but everything fit together. Nothing was extraneous, and nothing was missing.
I’m usually a die-hard coffee drinker, but look at the juice flight. I just could not pass it up. Some flavours were definitely were definitely, ugh, interesting. Hello? Activated charcoal in a juice?
- Green Easy: cucumber, apple, green pepper, kale, spinach, parsley, romaine, lemon.
- Field of Greens: spinach, kale, romaine, parsley, cucumber, celery, micro-greens.
- Green Milk: alkaline water, almond, cashew, hazelnut, spinach, romaine, kale, parsley, date, vanilla bean.
- Block Rockin’ Beets: beet, carrot, tomato, lemon, cilantro, jalapeno.
- Turmeric Tang: carrot, orange, turmeric, coconut cream, lime
- Pipe Cleaner: apple, lemon, ginger.
- Hot Lei: alkaline water, pineapple, lemon, honey, cayenne.
- Charcoal Lemonade: alkaline water, raw sugar cane juice, lemon, montmorillonite clay, activated charcoal.
- Cream Party: young coconut water, mature coconut meat
- Pixie: strawberry, pineapple, orange.
The latté and the cappuccino were as amazing as they looked.
11/10 would visit every time I’m in town.